- Degree in food science/technology or related disciplines recognized by MIFT Council.
- At least 2 years working experience in relevant field of food science/technology.
- Degree in food science/technology or related disciplines recognized by the MIFT Council.
- Less than 2 years post-qualifying working experience in a relevant field of food science/technology.
- Those without professional qualifications in food science/technology, but are associated/involved with food industry.
- Full time students pursuing a degree/diploma in food science/technology in an institute of higher learning.
- Corporate bodies associated with food science and technology or the food industry.
- Any person who has been a Professional Member or Life Member for a minimum of 10 years and has achieve distinction in his field may be nominated by two Professional Members to be a Fellow of the Institute.